Thursday, October 13, 2005

Things that make you say "What?"

Alright so another tale from the bizarro world that I call my own. I was looking for a packing list online that would suit my needs for this weekends jaunt to New York. I am mildly impaired when it comes to packing. I always forget things that are necessity aka shampoo, deodorant, shoes (okay not shoes.) I opt to pack the latter as opposed to the former for days where I want to do my best Mary Kate Olsen impression. If I show up looking like this, Keeley I give you permission to shoot me and make it look like an accident. The odd part of this story isn't that I forget shampoo, it is some of the items that showed up on the list of things I should pack. (Mind you I specified weather, location, and form of travel [air] etc.)
1. Sarong...70 degrees and under, where am I wearing a sarong to?
2. Palestinian scarf...what?
3. Morning gown, I don't even know what that is.
4. small box, again what?
5. Mosquito net...is something going on in New York that I don't know about?
6. Pepper Spray Canister, on vacation? Seriously?
7. Two way radios...breaker breaker 136 there is a bandit list writer on the loose.
Maybe by airplane they thought I meant 18-wheeler.
8. rubber door stop...good maybe I will finally be able to keep all those doors open
9. timestables, just in case I begin thinking 2 x 2 = 392. Right, okay I get this
one. timestables, check.

A side note, they also said I should memorize all my credit card #'s, and find hospitals in the area that take my insurance.

Okay admit it whose grandma wrote this list? Honestly. Sarah is that British grandma of yours telling me a morning gown, and
a small box are necessary? She's really lost it this time.

5 comments:

shalinn said...

what? that's not a picture of you?....this rocks my whole world...

-your loving friend,
palastinian scarf

donna said...

(picture my best Grandma Shin voice)

"Don't forget the Baby Boogy from the Gairage sale!"

seriously...she said that to me once. ask sarah.

donna said...

oh yeah, and i HATE IT when i try to get an airline flight and they give me an 18-wheeler instead. it's so inconvenient.

tiffany said...

Do I want to know what a baby boogy is? It sound's like something I would pay approximately zero dollars for that.Okay maybe ten cents. they gave me good price!?!

donna said...

boogy and gairage were the thickly accented words of grandma shin (sarah's grandmother). you know, "boogy"..."buggy." trust me, you got a good deal on it.