Wednesday, October 12, 2005

It's just you and me and a lot of sucky music

I have been very disappointed in the lack of good music that has been coming out lately. I have actually resorted to listening to the radio, something that I have never really done. If I have to sit through that damn lifehouse song again I fear I may cause harm to anyone who happens to be around me. I get it. It's you, It's me, some people, nothing to do, nothing to prove. Sounds to me like you're bored, maybe you should find some music that hasn't been on the radio every eight minutes for the last 3 weeks. Geeez. I thought I may have a new obsession on the horizon when Ryan Adams new CD came out a couple of weeks ago, sadly I was very wrong. I absolutely love Ryan, drug habit and all, however I cannot sit through another twangy minute of that CD. By far my least favorite of all of dear Ryan's stuff. (Totally understand I could lose mass quantities of credibility from my Adams loving friends. Sorry, I like what I like.)Luckily, he has one more album coming out this year, and his previous release Cold Roses is still in pretty heavy rotation for me, love it. Let's pray he hasn't gone twangy old country for good. Until then the coral, aqualung, and spoon are going to have to do it for me. O yea and lifehouse*.

*I actually like some lifehouse. I do not like radio stations and their tendency to put the repeat button on songs until they are so far past the point of bearable I am glad it is against the law to carry firearms in your car.

If anyone has any suggestions to get me out of my rut, I would welcome anything new and of the non suck variety.

2 comments:

donna said...

have you ever considered death cab for cutie? their new album "plans" is pretty good...though "transatlaticism" is still my favorite.

shalinn said...

i bought "plans" per brooke's suggestion but unfortunately my brand new car's cd player is calling it a "bad disc" and so i can only listen to it in my house for the moment...oh wait...my house is tiffany's house and she knows i have the cd....it's available for listening....just like me ;)