Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Were gonna POWER through

Well it happened. My sister turned 21. It was an interesting event. My family is kind of known for throwing crazy parties. My parents wedding reception is still talked about at almost every family get together. Courtney got pretty much all of the party DNA. Don’t cry for me…I can have a really good time, I just realized early on that drinking + Tiffany = even dumber behavior than the average drunk= must apologize to lots of friends the next day = massive headaches and sensitivity to light = totally not worth it. Court can actually have more than a beer in her system and still act like a normal person, not a raving lunatic that talks at 10 times her normal volume which is already at an 11. I watched my sister take part in a “POWER HOUR” which I am not sure was given the right name...they took a shot of beer every minute for an hour. I guess it is not as appealing to name it Dour Hour or Sour Hour or my personal favorite Jack Bauer Hour. Ooohh Jack Bauer hour. Okay daydream over. It seems to me you loose power with every passing minute. Power to stop yourself from thinking that My Humps is the best song ever written and crying/screaming is probably the best way to express that undying love. Power to recognize even standing still is going to be tough because sometimes all you want to do is dance on the ceiling, and right now seems like the perfect time to try. Power to keep yourself from telling your friend that you think her hair looks like a Pomeranian that was lit on fire and glued to her head. Courtney did dance, but she didn’t do anything she wouldn’t have done had she been standing on stage completely sober in front of 10,000 people. A. because she has no shame and B. because she can hold her alcohol better than a 300 pound Irish man who drinks for a living. So happy birthday to my sister who can drink like a man, dance like a freak, and wears tiaras in public.

I’ve been told that my blog is hard to comment on because I tell complete stories that don't really leave room for commentary…that isn’t going to stop so don’t throw a fit. What I am going to do is ask a question related to the story because I am not standing for these 0 comment posts anymore. I know your reading, so comment you freaks. (Threatening works right?) So the question is this. What was the best part of your 21st birthday? If you aren’t 21, best birthday moment…By best I mean funniest, don’t tell me about your boyfriend getting you a rimming salt and a cosmo mix, that is in no way entertaining. Hit me with the comments suckers.

6 comments:

kimberly said...

I got turned into a cake. It was not fun. I got covered in eggs and flour and then thrown into the lake. Six times I washed my hair, six times it did not get all the flour out. I tried to run...but I was not fast enough. this year was better.

Kansas said...

My 21st was a blast...Dinner with my friends (in which I legally ordered a strawberry margarita), one drink at Rock'a'Belly, a big birthday party in the middle of a week, and late night (4 am) conversation with my impossible crush at the time and his hilarious friend. It was one to remember, and yes it was most def. remembered.

Anonymous said...

Lame question... or maybe I just had a lame 21st... Crap.

amy said...

Well, seeing as I had a rather large marketing test the day following my 21st, I was going to celebrate the day after. A decision which my friends did not agree with all too much. My roommate coaxed me into " a quiet dinner," which turned into a surprise party with many drinks being ordered for yours truly. It was great. I realized how loved I was and was still drunk at 8 am the next day for the marketing test. I made a C.

amy said...

Oh, whoops, I forgot to say...better birthdays than 21 include 24 and 30.

At 24 I hiked Muir Woods in the morning then wandered around San Francisco with my boyfriend at the time and 2 other great friends, then got drunk and fed (hey I see a pattern developing) at this fabulous little Italian restuarant.

And 30 was great because I have the greatest friends in the entire universe.

Anonymous said...

HAHA!!! that's hilarious! TIFF, my 21st is this SEPTEMBER!!! September 5th to be precise. i think we're gonna have some kind of shin dig and you are OF COURSE invited!!! i'll let ya know about the details when it gets closer.

p.s. me and sara are gonna come to kc sometime in july. we want to see you!!! we'll call!