Friday, January 20, 2006

The Rhythm is After Me

I have many love/hate relationships. Eating healthy, high heels, snow. But First and Foremost in the department of love/hate would be rap. I love dancing, always have. It is not unlikely that my death will come in the form of a fall due to booty dancing in my late 90's. What a great way to go. I imagine my first heavenly utterings would be something along the lines of "Ya see God. The rhythm eventually did get me, just like Gloria predicted. I thought we had a deal!!!" and we will all laugh and be on our way to eating mounds full of cheesecake dripping in Godiva.

ANYWAY...on with the love hate.

Love: anything by snoop, dre, eminem.

Hate: anything by anyone else. Specifically people who find the need to use the words laffy taffy, lady lumps, and refer to genitals as chick-o-sticks. I get the laffy taffy thing, but I refuse to think of my ass as taffy. Sorry I can't do it.

Love: Ain't nothin' but a G thang. 8 mile soundtrack. Either will always make my day better.

Hate: The following song lyrics: For the whole mess of words go here.
Rob a jewelry store and tell em make me a grill uh, uh Had a whole top diamonds and da bottom rows gold Yo we bout to start an epedimic wit dis one.
I have no words. I am gonna start an epedimic with this one too. How about I release a vile of small pox into their trailer? Do they even know what epidemic means? Clearly spelling isn't their strong suit.

really from here on out it is all hate.

Hate: Raps with any of the following phrases : You know who this is ,You know what this is,
You know who dis be.
I don't get it. In my eyes that is all Jermaine Dupri is good for/does. That is all he ever says. He knows and has worked with everyone, but all he ever does is say" You know who dis is, so so deaf." Well I am not deaf, so stop frickin' sayin' that. It's annoying, and also YOU MAKE NO SENSE!!!! One vile of Small pox for you too sir.


Hate:People in that particular sector of the industry (Rap/R&B) rename themselves after every couple of albums. Puff Daddy-Puffy-P.Diddy-Diddy; Jennifer Lopez-J-Lo; Mariah Carey-MiMi; From now on I am going by my alias Lil' Purrr'. Don't worry, if you don't like it it will be a symbol next week, and you can call my the artist formerly known as lil' purrr'.

Ahhh rap. Such a glorious explosion of culture.

Quote of the week:From who else...my sister

Her to Shalinn: My ass is as red as a stoplight....happens to most of us.
Shalinn and I: confused looks, and some laughing.
Her: Well happens to the best of us. You're going to have to look at it later, I have a weird spot. Ohh maybe Erin will look at it.

I don't get it either.

Lil' Purrr' out. You know who this is.

2 comments:

shalinn said...

you know who dis be? sounds like one of my students... and court never did show me her ass - my loss :)

michelle said...

well the rhythm already devoured me...seeing as how im a dance major...so welcome to the club...im the president until i get my degree then ill have to see if i decide to step down or continue...but yeah ive injured myself numerous times becuase the rhythm got me! :) ooooh and i learned in modern class yesterday how to shake my ass!