Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The frosting of my week...

I am having a severe case of writer's block. Maybe it is because my life has become consumed with work. Maybe it is because I don't get home before 10:00 most nights. Maybe it is because I have a lack of caffeine in my system and have a headache that may just blow my head right off. Ah addiction, it is such a beautiful frickin disaster.

To make up for my lack of blogging I will do a run of highlights from the last week.

My roommate getting hit in the mouth with a frisbiee ( causing her lip to swell up to about 5 times its normal size) the day of a first date. (I know that is more of a lowlight, but I am not making a list of lowlights)

Getting caught by the woman I lovingly refer to as fake mom checking out a guy. Not really all that funny until I realized who I was checking out. It was an guy we've have both known for a couple years, he got Nerd glasses*. They are attractive...very attractive, that's that.

Getting told the color orange accents my cheekbones. Somebody tell me what the hell that means. Last I knew changing my shirt could not in any way alter the bone structure of my face. Maybe it is a magic shirt.

This conversation.
Me: "He is a bastard."
Person: confused look, as if I am just saying that to be comforting
My response:"I am not trying to be nice here."

Steve Carell winning a golden globe. I love that man. If you haven't seen the office, British or American, consider yourself at a great disadvantage.

Watched my favorite bonus feature from Waiting for Guffman over and over and over again. "And I am proud of you too Dad you taught me.... how the gentle fragrance of a woman's hair can drive a man wild..." Again if you haven't seen this you are at a disadvantage. I actually question your sense of humor if you haven't watched either of these things. Yep, I am judging you.

Made a list of the top ten people I would make out with if given the opportunity. Don't worry Orlando Bloom is on there. I can tell you were worried. Your nails are nubbins aren't they.

Footnotes: (Yep, a blog with footnotes)

*Black plastic rimmed, Think more along the lines of Clark Kent, less along the lines of the kid in grade school who taped his glasses and was always found chewing his sleeve or snotting all over himself. Sick, who wants to date or square dance with that guy...oh wait I did have to square dance with that guy. Just my luck.

2 comments:

michelle said...

ok hold on one moment...mmm orlando bloom...mmmmmm, ok sorry now then all of my square dance partners in school were snot drippy kids too! they should have done that in middle school when kids are WANTING to hold hands instead of grade school when you want nothing more than to NOT touch each other!

shalinn said...

i held hands with a guy in grade school who was not snot drippy, but i did it only for 10 seconds (i counted out loud). ah the bliss of peer pressure....and what's weirder? i dated this guy later in life. let's just say he's not on my top 10 of guys i'd like to make out with.