Wednesday, November 16, 2005

They would work better with those little rubber things on the bottom.

I am truly beginning to wonder if there were awards for most likely to fall for no reason if I wouldn't win. I know Amy would give me some competition, but I am sorry lady, I think I have you beat. Let me set the stage for the fiasco that leaves me bruised both emotionally and physically (well not really physically.) We had bible study at our house this week. I should preface all of this by saying we have hard wood floors, and in my defense I was wearing socks with the least amount of traction imaginable, anti-traction if you will. ( I know what some of the more smart ass-ish people are thinking. Do socks have traction? Is ass-ish a word? Some do. It is now. Now stop being so dang critical so that I can get on with the story.) I was attempting to get to the kitchen when I had a sudden collision with the floor. Tried to catch myself, but it was an utterly futile attempt. If you have seen "Along Came Polly" and remember the scene at the very beginning where the best man is walking across the dance floor and with no warning smacks into the ground you are getting a visual. I, in true Tiffany fashion, begin rolling on the floor laughing hysterically to the point of tears. Everyone looks immediately, but only chuckle out of pity for the poor, and perhaps not completely mentally competent, pile of person on the ground that can't seem to even get the concept of walking down. Unfortunately it takes an unbelievable amount to make me bruise. ( Don't get any ideas. I have a right hook comparable to hmmmm...someone with a deadly right hook.) There is no bruise, just a story that probably only I find funny. You read this far though so you must have been at least somewhat amused.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

me, sara, and kristen all talked about how much we love your xanga today! and you of course.

ONE DAY!!!

amy said...

Ah Tiff. Good fall, my friend. I think you, me, and Michelle could have a comedy routine.

tiffany said...

State who you are anonymous, I want to know who I am going to have to pay for posting that.

I think we could make lots and lots of money doing that amy. Maybe even like $15...a piece. We're RICH!!!

Anonymous said...

sorry, i posted it!

shalinn said...

i was in the kitchen. i heard the thud. it was loud, and yes, very humorous to see you as a ball on the floor. it reminded me of lucy the dog running into the glass door - oh wait - that at least makes a little sense....it's more like lucy running into the wall. you've been compared to a dog. i suppose it's not the first time if you know what i'm saying ;) but i like you that way, rubber-less things on the bottom and all.