Monday, November 21, 2005

I would like one BURNING RING OF FIRE please.

I am accident prone. In a matter of 3 days I burned my arm in the oven, burned my stomach on the stovetop (profanity warning,) sliced the crap out of both of my hands when the knife part of the apple corer came out of the plastic and lodged itself into my hands (obviously profanity was used,) danced into a coffee table, and shut my finger into the bathroom door. I am lucky to be alive!

Walk the Line is every bit as good as everyone has said. Probably the best movie I have seen in at least a year. I think I fell in love with Joaquin Phoenix. There were two points in the movie where he was singing and gave this look to the camera, wow, my stomach turned, and cue the swoon. When an actor can evoke an emotion that very very rarely occurs in real life he is in the right profession. It was so well made. I can't do any justice to it, you just need to go see it. I think I am going again next Saturday if anyone would like to join me. My favorite line was when a drunken Johnny walks up to June's house and says he was on a "love walk, the June Carter love walk." Forget saying "I am bewitched by you" (a line from pride and prejudice my roommates LOVED, that I...well let's just say I less than loved) hit me with the humor any day, even if you are drunk. Well maybe don't do it drunk, that would probably piss me off.

The parting note: Yesterday I had Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family. I will just do a run of the highlights.

- my mom marching down the driveway like Maria in the Sound of Music. She is by far the cutest woman alive.

- my dad falling asleep on my shoulder and mumbling something about my friends committing federal offenses.

and finally

-my drunk aunt helping my sister write her psychology paper on healthy and unhealthy ways to deal with stress. A couple to note: drinking, sex (under both categories), and cutting yourself. At one point homicide was on the healthy side, healthy for me not for others...

Won't you join me in prayer for my future husband. May he have a wicked sense of humor, and as much grace as Jesus himself.

5 comments:

mikster said...

I've heard that it is a very good movie....A lot of bloggers have seen it this past weekend it seems...lol

amy said...

Tiff,

"I am bewitched by you"??? What does that even mean? "I'm on a (insert name of beloved here) love walk" is WAAAY sexier. I agree.

Your future husband is going to be so lucky to inherit the hilarious family that is yours. Homicide. Ha. Smart woman.

I miss you. Hang outs sometime soon!

tiffany said...

Have I met you Mike?

Anonymous said...

Dear Teen Matalone,

I enjoyed this article, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. It seems that you have good taste in movies, so I will need to go and see this new movie starring the guy with the scar on his lip.

Thank You!

Anonymous said...

Tina, Walking Phoenix is totally awesome. When he shot down that UFO full of Unicorns with his Burning Ring of Fire Ray gun I thought I was going to swoon.
-A Boy Named Sue