Monday, November 14, 2005

An Affair to Remember


My favorite season of the year is slowly coming to a close. Am I sad? Kind of. Did I let it go without some sort of major PDA for the departing crisp weather and beautiful leaves? Hell NO! I broke out the wife beater and the leaf blower and had a massacre in our front yard. I am sure a lot of the neighbors were questioning our land lords discretion when they came outside and heard Black Eyed Peas blaring from our porch and me running around the front yard with a leaf blower in a wife beater and enormous sunglasses (eye protection people, plus the added bonus of being the most glamorous leaf blower on the block.) In all fairness the guy across the street insists on running in those 70's running shorts that make you want to turn away, but instead you stare in shock. I think I deserve one day to frolic and also I don't care what they think. A DTR may be in order, my yard may actually be under the impression we are going to have more interactions of this sort, it's wrong. Well maybe one more, depends on my mood. Aaand I'm on my way to therapy, pronto.

5 comments:

shalinn said...

i tried to take a picture of you with the wife beater and leaf blower but i didn't have any charged batteries for my camera. so sad. however, to go in line with your glamorous sunglasses, on my itunes radio, cory hart's "i wear my sunglasses at night" song was just playing. i think that's a sign from God that next fall, you should rat your hair, put it in a side ponytail, wear something neon, and blow leaves with your shades on at night.

Anonymous said...

omg i can see you doing all of that haha. tiff you crack me up like none other. I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THURSDAY! omg it's going to be one heck of a reunion. 2 days!!! woot woot

Anonymous said...

oh you...you can always get a reservation.

Anonymous said...

I am really sad that i missed the affair with your lawn. if you decide to do it again, let me know, i have no lawn to wear my wife beater for. it would be great fun!

shalinn said...

seriously....this guffman character is clever and mysterious- imdb? what a good use of internet sites, or i guess i should say "cites." wow.