Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I need to go swimming in a pond of realism, because I live in a land of make believe

I decided this weekend that I needed to begin going through all my junk and start packing for the big move. I began with things I had stored in the basement. It was there that I found the time capsule from high school. The box I only look through when I am moving. This time was different though. I went to a wedding shower for a friend I have known since the 2nd grade this weekend. It was attended by the usual array of people who I never see, but get to have really great forced conversation with on the occasion that one of us gets married or has a baby. At this wedding shower I was told that this guy was marrying this girl who used to go to our high school, she was a senior when I was a freshman. Which meant I needed to find my freshman yearbook pronto or I would have to live with the misfortune of never knowing who that girl was who married that guy. I found it alright. The yearbook, and a lovely assortment of teen beat posters. I am so glad I had the forethought when I was 15 to fold up the posters that had graced my walls and store them in my yearbook. I think I was the only person who didn’t cut out the pictures of JTT, but instead chose the underdog, Jonathan Jackson. He was so hot right then. I think it is clear there is still a connection there. The days of dream phone, and girl talk are over, but I will never give up hope that one day I will be mopping the floor and Jonathan will come and wisk me away to some exotic locale, Branson perhaps, and profess his undying love. That which has been so obvious to me since we first met that day in ym.

For some reason all I can think of is Mary Kay Letourneau and her child groom...strange, but also pretty attractive...oh was that wrong? crossing boundaries?

***special thanks to shalinn for all the photo help***

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a couple of comments: (1) who are you? (2) that's me in the first picture and (3) please tell me you didn't set up that camera yourself on self-timer to try and pose kissing the poster....sad.

kimberly said...

dream phone? hot diggity! that game rocked my world. I too was a fan of jonathan jackson. he really was the underdog.

shalinn said...

tiffany did not have to pose kissing the poster. she does that regularly, and i just happened to get a picture of it.