Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I would rather Panic! at the Disco than do anything at a Country bar.

It has been a long time since I got a CD that I couldn't get enough of. I am talking almost a year here. I have finally found a new poison. It is a band called Panic! at the disco. I got the CD on Saturday and I think I have listened to it all the way through 10 times already. For those of you who are worried my musical taste has taken a one way flight to crapville, don't worry. It's not Disco. The best way I can describe it is Fall out boys with more electronica. AND with song titles like "The only difference between suicide and matyrdom is the press coverage" how can you not love them. Awesome. At the very least download "Lying is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off" I will warn people who don't like cussing, there is some.

On a totally separate note I am looking for a name for some clothing design I am doing. All you word people I am talking to you. I want it to be one word. Obviously it has to be kind of edgy. No, it can't be expletive. Although da' Shit designs would be great. I am not a rapper. So there are your stipulations. Start thinking, and either post a comment or email me your ideas. (Quickly, I only have a couple days.)

8 comments:

Igford said...

Word Ideas... Well, I would call it "Igford Muley Clothing" but since that isn't one word, the best one I can think of is "Spoony."

It is the dictionary.com word of the day today (Feb 14th).

spoony \SPOO-nee\, adjective:
1. Foolish; silly; excessively sentimental.
2. Foolishly or sentimentally in love.

Other cool words include...

ergo: therefore; consequently.
vim: Power; force; energy; spirit; activity; vigor.
celerity: quickness; swiftness.

I can picture it now. Teen Matalone's Vim.

Igford said...

flibbertigibbet \FLIB-ur-tee-jib-it\, noun:
A silly, flighty, or scatterbrained person, especially a pert young woman with such qualities.

Anonymous said...

tiffonica

-or, simply:

t

shalinn said...

i was going to suggest "hasselhoff" for my german friends, or "ahoy!" or "nauty" if your designs were going to be based on a nautical theme....

other options include the ever cutting-edge "brokeback," "shalinn," "bunnyz," "pantalones by matalones," and "eh?" for your canadian fans....

Anonymous said...

I like your ideas, Shalinn. Everybody likes Pantaloons.

I traditionally wear a large codpiece to advertise my virility, but I can see pantaloons in my future.

michelle said...

i LOVE wearing pantaloons! they are my favorite!!! one of these days ill post a photo to prove it too! :)

tiffany said...

I am really inspired. Thank you.

I am thinking "nauty codpiece" sounds rather Sailorific...and by sailorific I mean I am scarred for life by the mental images that are now permanently in my brain...ick.

kimberly said...

chalk is my suggestion. or stiff. or maybe tariff.