Sunday, June 03, 2007

when stress has taken over, remember what's made you laugh

As it turns out times in my life when I have the most to write about, I don't write. Sometimes because I forget I have a blog, sometimes because what is going on I don't want broadcasted on the Internet...and then something changes.

1. Perhaps a chance encounter with a middle aged man in a Quick Trip. I was minding my own business, when he loudly noticed I had a VERY slight sunburn. He then asks me if I know how to make sun tea. I say yes, he says I should get a squirt bottle and douse myself in it. Apparently it helps, at least it did when he used to work outdoors. The likelihood of me squirting myself down with tea to treat a sunburn when aloe vera is in existince is about the same as me diving head-first into a pool of mayonnaise to treat a broken foot.

2.I found out that both my sisters boyfriends were scared of me. I laughed, primarily because I had never met them.

3. I made icing for a cake in a what was apparently a dog bowl, and then put sprite instead of water in beef and broccoli...if those two things don't explain where my stress level has been, I don't know what would.

4. Got told by an african that I looked like I was into aerobics. hmmm...I wonder if the swahili word for aerobics is shoes.

3 comments:

Igford said...

For the record. I also am scared of you.

shalinn said...

maybe he thought you were into aerobic shoes. you know, shoes involving oxygen. or, maybe he just really thought you liked to breathe oxygen as opposed to say, mayonnaise.

Doug said...

I think he was saying she was hot.

Crazy africans.