Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Sometimes I Think My Life Must Be a Hidden Camera Show

It is Wednesday morning and this week has already forced me to be visually accosted by my neighbor when he decided he needed to make a grand exit from his apartment wearing only his underwear AND I had to sit in a car with an adult who not only peed her pants, but pooped them as well…the second person I actually feel bad for. I don’t know how to prepare myself for the rest of this week because if that is how it has started I fear it can only end with me getting hit by a human cannonball dressed in speedos and covered in multi colored glitter.

On a totally different note I just got a phone call and this is what happened.

"Hey I am making steak tonight, and I know Courtney was coming to see you, but maybe you could come home instead."

"I would love to, but it cost too much to come home for an hour and a half. I'll be home for a while in a week and a half. Can we postpone the steak until then?"

"It costs her money to come see you."

"Yes, but she is staying the night so it will be more time together."

"Your mom's depressed."

"What? Why?"

"She is just to over-booked."

"They got back from vacation late last night how is she already over-booked?Will she even be there tonight?"

"Well, uh, Yeah."

"RRRIiigght. I am going to make a couple of calls and call you back."

Called my non depressed mom and had a good laugh. It is okay to say you want to see me. Pretending others are mentally unstable only makes it look like you yourself are unstable, but it is very funny and strangely sweet.

1 comment:

shalinn said...

1) of course you have a crazy, naked neighbor - what fun is living in an apartment if you don't? as long as he doesn't climb over your fence to trim the bushes in his underwear....

2) montezuma's revenge is nothing but good ol' fashioned diarrhea. adult diapers should never even enter the picture.

3) if your father thinks everyone around him is unstable, then that explains a lot...just look to clarissa for the rest....